Colombo (News 1st) –
1. A new formula in calculating Gas prices is to be introduced by the Government considering the requests made by Gas companies.
2. The Prison authorities stated that the setback in trials is due to the delay in providing the scientific reports of the cases. The matter was looked into following the protest by female inmates of the Welikada Prison on 14 August.
3. The Standing Committee on Finance of the Colombo Municipal Council (CMC) has decided to increase the allowance of Councilors by 125%.
4. All Ceylon Private Bus workers Association launched a strike from 12 midnight yesterday (August 15). Due to the strike, there is a deficit in busses currently.
5. Former President Rajapakse to be summoned to the CID to record a statement on the abduction of Journalist Keith Noyahr.
1. Suicide Bomb attack kills at least 48 people in front of an education center in the Afghan capital, Kabul.
2. Italian PM Giuseppe Conte has declared a 12-month state of emergency in the Liguria region in response to the motorway bridge collapse in Genoa.
1. Sri Lanka to host it’s first ever Asian Volleyball Conferdation Men’s Challenge Cup at the Sugathadasa Stadium, Colombo in September.