Written by Keshala Dias
25 Jan, 2017 | 6:01 pm
The Ministry of Mass Media is set to investigate on the issuance a press release challenging a news report on former CBSL Governor Arjuna Mahendran.
The press release in question had been issued by the Director General of the Government Information Department. The release challenged a report aired on our News 1st Prime Time News bulletin yesterday (January 24).
The investigation on the matter was announced by the Secretary to the Ministry of Mass Media, Nimal Bopage.
Bopage says he was “unaware of the said release”. And said that according to normal procedure, such a release would be issued through him.
He added that this is not the stance of the Ministry of Mass Media, noting that it may be the personal opinion of the government official.
The investigation will be conducted to zero down the person(s) responsible for issuing such a statement.
For more on the Treasury Bond Scam : Bond Scam Saga: More information pour out during Parliament debate
09 Jan, 2021 | 08:45 PM
30 Dec, 2020 | 03:34 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]