Drug-laced toffee in Eheliyagoda school; student admitted to hospital

Drug-laced toffee in Eheliyagoda school; student admitted to hospital

Drug-laced toffee in Eheliyagoda school; student admitted to hospital

Written by Tharushan Fernando

26 Jun, 2015 | 10:17 pm

A student from a school in Eheliyagoda has been admitted to hospital after consuming a toffee laced with an intoxicant.

According to our correspondent, the toffee was given to him by a fellow grade Year 11 student. The hospitalised student claimed that he did not know what was in the toffee and had no knowledge of its content prior to consuming it. He had lost conciseness and then admitted to the Avissawella Hospital.

The child stated that a senior student gave the toffee and soon after consuming it there was a feeling of dizziness. He added that he gave the toffee to a teacher and after she took him to the office, he fainted.

The mother of the child noted that when arriving at school the child was lifeless on a chair and was surrounded by teachers. She further noted it is not enough taking care of children at home, but they have to come to school and do the same.

When the principal was questioned on this matter, he said that the use of drugs in his school had been taking place for some time. He added that whoever is giving these drugs is giving a little to a few students and if this child did not faint this situation, would have gone by unknowingly since it is impossible to search all students.

Police have launched and investigation to discern the origins of the toffee-drug and how it came to be in possession of a Grade 11 student.

Latest News

Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]