Written by Staff Writer
13 May, 2015 | 6:43 am
Rescue work is set to resume to find victims and survivors of the latest deadly earthquake to hit Nepal.
At least 48 people died in Nepal and 1,100 were hurt in Tuesday’s 7.3 magnitude quake, with fears the figures could rise. At least 17 died in India.
A US aid helicopter is also missing, with eight people on board.
Thousands of Nepalis spent the night in the open. Many have not returned to their homes since a 7.8 magnitude quake on 25 April that killed over 8,000.
Tuesday’s earthquake was centred about 76km east of the capital, Kathmandu, near the town of Namche Bazaar.
A second tremor of 6.3-magnitude hit Nepal 30 minutes later and numerous other aftershocks continued into Wednesday morning.
The main quake was felt in northern India, Tibet and Bangladesh. India’s home ministry said 16 people had been killed in the state of Bihar, and one more in Uttar Pradesh. Officials in China said one person was confirmed dead in Tibet.
25 Sep, 2019 | 08:57 AM
08 Sep, 2019 | 03:17 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]